Adding fireplace tools made of copper will give your home an excellent decorative feel and touch. However, when you are buying a finished copper toolset for the fireplace, you should know how to use each one of them correctly. This post gives you an insight into the common fireplace tools that you need to use for building a fire and taking care of it faster and easier.
Buy top-quality copper fireplace tools for your home
Copper fireplace tools are good for every home, and they are available in several artistic designs and styles. You can find them on websites and local stores easily. However, you should know how they should be used correctly and what you need for your home when it comes to using them. The following are the common fireplace tools that every home generally needs. Check them out below-
- The fireplace poker- This is a rod that is generally used for moving and adjusting the logs that are burning in the fireplace. When you adjust these logs, the fire’s oxygen levels increase, so it burns for a longer time. Fire poker is an essential part of your home for the maintenance of fire. At the same time, the fire poker serves the main goal of moving logs without burning the person. When you are buying a fireplace poker made of copper, look for-
- A longer poker for managing bigger flames
- The poker should have an insulated handle for extra protection against skin burns.
- The spade or the shovel- You should understand how to use the shovel or spade correctly for maintaining and controlling the fore. This tool helps you to shift small coals and their ash around safely. In fact, with this tool, you can remove the ash altogether. In order to maintain the levels of oxygen in the fire, you should remove the coal and ash. Keep in mind the following tips when it comes to buying the right fireplace spade or shovel for your home-
- Invest in a longer spade for keeping your hands away from the fire flames
- Invest in a spade with a textured and thick handle for better control
- Tongs- When you are buying fireplace tools, ensure that you invest in a pair of good-quality fire tongs. They are like fire poker and allow you to move the burning fire logs around. However, you can pick them up and place them in any spot. You must ensure the tongs you buy are strong enough to pick up large logs but simple for you to flex with a single hand. In case your fireplace is bigger, you should put tongs that are long enough for you so that your hands are protected from a large flame.
- Brush or broom- With the help of a brush or a broom, you can keep your fireplace clean. You can scoop out the ashes with the help of a shovel and sweep the area clean. However, make sure that the brush has a long handle so that you do not burn yourself.
Therefore, when it comes to buying copper fireplace tools, keep the above factors in mind. These tools are strong and durable thanks to the properties of copper, and they last for a long time, keeping you safe from fire, flames, and burns.